On Friday 07 October 2011 01:02:50 Jonathan Schmidt-Domine wrote: > Hi! > > Where is it implemented? Is there a clever search index? Hi, please keep some context when replying to an email. I can't remember what "it" is without re-reading the previous mail. [Context: substring completion] KCompletion::substringCompletion in kdelibs/kdeui/util/kcompletion.cpp might be what you're looking for. It calls KCompletion::extractStringsFromNode which iterates over all completion nodes, so I guess the answer is no, there is no clever search index. But since it's called on a (specific) keypress, this hasn't been a problem until now. It might become a problem if it happens during normal typing though... -- David Faure, faure@kde.org, http://www.davidfaure.fr Sponsored by Nokia to work on KDE, incl. Konqueror (http://www.konqueror.org).