List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: The case for a kdelibs 4.8
From:       Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer () gmx ! at>
Date:       2011-09-30 12:39:48

On Thursday, 2011-09-29, Rolf Eike Beer wrote:

> The reason to stop master was (as far as I understand) to make the
> frameworks branch easily to maintain. If someone is working on 4.8
> (bugfixing, features) all this has to be ported to frameworks, too. So you
> develop a moving target on a moving target.

What about a more stricter than usual policy for additions to 4.8?
Like every new feature wanted in 4.8 has to go through reviewboard for 4.8 and
frameworks 5.

That way the developer doing the feature work for 4.8 will also take care of
the forward porting task.

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring