On 28 July 2011 08:51, Thomas Lübking wrote: > I thought that was what the GenericName entry was supposed to be good > for, so gnome-terminal.desktop would have > > Name=GNOME Terminal > GenericName=Terminal > Exec=gnome-terminal > > and the runner/menu could use the GenericName unless there's a > clash (cause konsole's GenericName is Terminal as well) where it > could fall back to the Name enties for disambiguation. > > So my question regarding all this flood in my inbox would be: > > Does gnome-control-center now use "System Settings" for > the GenericName or the Name entry of gnome-control-center so whether > there's a real issue with disambiguation (as long as you want to avoid > invoking the Exec string) or just "runner/menu xyz is too stupid to > resolve ambiguities"? Here's what the .desktop files look like: http://git.gnome.org/browse/gnome-control-center/tree/shell/gnome-control-center.desktop.in.in https://projects.kde.org/projects/kde/kdebase/kde-workspace/repository/revisions/master/annotate/systemsettings/app/systemsettings.desktop Jeremy Bicha