List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Fixes in Git (first in stable, then merge to master)
From:       Thomas =?UTF-8?B?TMO8Ymtpbmc=?= <thomas.luebking () gmail ! com>
Date:       2011-07-22 13:37:14

Am Fri, 22 Jul 2011 14:52:20 +0200
schrieb Aurélien Gâteau <agateau@kde.org>:

> Oh. Good point. I guess I didn't bump into the problem so far because
> I have been doing this for Gwenview repository only. So it's not a
> very good advice after all :/
Yes it is.

Branching off before tagging and keeping that branch a common
source for both, stable and master - so you can fwd merge in either, is
indeed a good solution but requires quite some discipline (and that
branch to be public, oc)

So it basically does not work on large projects - at least w/o a
workflow "tool" (that rises a staging for direct commits and ensures
sync merging) or unless you can threaten ppl. to fire them ;-)

Cheers,
Thomas