List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    System maintainance this weekend.
From:       Tom Albers <toma () kde ! org>
Date:       2011-01-28 15:12:51

Hi All,

This weekend will be filled with excitement over the move to git for kdelibs and \
kdebase. We will sent out a mail later this evening to the kde-svn-announce@kde.org \
mailinglist with somewhat more details. Everyone with a svn/git account is \
automatically subscribed to that list.

Besides this migration we have also received notice that a couple of our servers will \
be down on Saturday:

jamaica (which hosts www.kde.org and a dozen more sites, not dot.kde.org, \
forum.kde.org or planet) will be without power between 08:00 and 17:00 CET. The Oslo \
data center will be without power.   I will try to move www.kde.org to another box, \
but due to the short notice from our hoster, it is uncertain we will manage to do \
this in time. This could also cause an occasional longer delay in DNS resolving.

fry (anongit1, projects, gitweb, commits, and notes) will be down between 14.30 and \
16:30 UTC, due to a hardware upgrade.

Both are announced just today. It is a bit unfortunate that this is at the same day \
as the kdelibs/kdebase move to git. On the other hand, lets get it all over with, so \
everyone can resume quickly with the really important things: continue to make KDE \
rock.

Progress of all 3 can be monitored closely on the #kde-sysadmin channel. You are \
welcome there, but I would like to ask to be quiet in there when you see that we are \
all busy on a particular subject.

Best,
--
Tom Albers