A Diumenge, 31 d'octubre de 2010, Cornelius Schumacher va escriure: > On Sunday 31 October 2010 Juan Carlos Torres wrote: > > So basically, what would convince 3rd party developers > > (Qt developers, Windows developers, iOS/Android developers) > > to write KDE apps? Better yet, what would now constitute being > > a "KDE app"? Platform integration and consistency? Only on > > desktops/netbooks perhaps. On mobile, we'd have to follow > > *their* (Maemo, MeeGo, WM) platform. Why not just call the app > > a Qt app then? Again, this is from an interested 3rd party > > developer POV. Established KDE SC apps would most > > probably keep the same brand. > > Specific KDE apps would be those who are written by the KDE community. > That's where KDE has been moving anyway. The brand is more about the > community and less about libraries. > > > True that KDE is much more than the libraries. But aren't those > > libraries also an important part of what makes KDE? I mean, if > > developers decided to make KDE apps, isn't it sometimes > > because KDE libraries rock? > > Exactly. So if these rocking libraries are part of Qt and so available to > every single Qt developer, they can easily become part of KDE as well. > Something which is quite a barrier today. You are joking, right? Are you really saying becoming part of KDE is difficult? Last i checked we gave accounts almost if they came for free with a cereal box. Thanks, Albert