Hello Andriy, I tried your hint to not set associatedWidget for KMix, as KMix has comparable requirements. My problem is now: When I don't set an associated widget, the "mimimizeRestore" won't show up in the context menu. Also i cannot call the mimimizeRestore() functionality from the KMix dock area popup window, which I need. (It doesn't work, as the KStatusNotifierItemPrivate code operates on the associatedWidget Object, which is now undefined). I am currently considering to copy a lot of code, e.g. from minimizeRestore(bool show), but would like to avoid it, as it contains a lot of sophisticated #ifdef Q_WS_X11. Copying that code seems so wrong to me, so hopefully there is a better way. See below for more detail. Any idea is very welcome. Christian ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- So what I need is: - Right-click should show menu with mimimizeRestore - Left-click should "show popup" or "show main window" And that means 1) I need to do my own left-click handling, even though there is already is an associatedWidget. 2) Define own context menu entries, but I still also need the original minimizeRestore action in there. I can't do it right now, as i can neither call KStatusNotifierItemPrivate::contextMenuAboutToShow(), nor do I have access to the essential checkVisibility() method [or possibly minimizeRestore(bool show)]. 3) I need to execute the regular "left-click = show main window" action [something like minimizeRestore(bool show)]. Because of the implmentation details of KStatusNotifierItem(Private), I think copying code would currently be neccesary. (It could help, if left-click would not be hardcoded to do a minimizeRestore of the associatedWidget object). ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- On Aug 5, 2010, at 5:10, Marco Martin wrote: > On Thursday 05 August 2010, Andriy Rysin wrote: >> In keyboard layout indicator module I have a reaction to left-click via >> activateRequested(), which is to toggle the layout to the next one (as >> opposed to right-click which brings menu). Though currently (with latest >> dbusmenuqt) no matter whether I click left or right button it's always >> context menu that appears. >> >> Is this a bug or something else is needed to make activateRequested() work? > > yes, it was a bug. > i did fix it yesterday for another problem (korgac showing the same problem) > > now if you -don't- set an associatedwidget the signal will work. > if you set the menu, you'll get the menu with both mouse buttons. > the keyboard layout indicator seems to work after the fix. Works now, thanks! Andriy