List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    LibQApt moved to kdereview
From:       Jonathan Thomas <echidnaman () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-08-12 13:02:49

Hello,

I've moved LibQApt, a Qt library for interacting with the APT package management \
system, to /trunk/kdereview/libqapt. It is cross-platform in that it should work on \
all Debian-based systems, so it's not going to be useful for absolutely everyone, but \
it would still be great for those who could to give it a code review. As a note, I \
did do a stable release of QApt yesterday, and as such the API/ABI are now frozen. \
It's unfortunate that I was not able to do this move before the stable release, but \
this has been a really crazy month for me, and circumstances left me unable.

For those who can use it, in the way of dependencies you'll need libapt-pkg, \
libxapian, libpolkit-qt-1-core, and the standard Qt4 libraries. It ships an optional \
KDE-based utility which is fully translatable. The library itself is fully documented \
via the doxygen apidox[1], and all public classes have proper dpointers.

At the moment, the major consumer of LibQApt is Muon, which I have also recently \
moved from kdereview. I shall write a move email for Muon directly after this, in \
fact. Aside from Muon, LibQApt already also powers several applications in the \
development version of Kubuntu 10.10, as well as powers a WIP backend for the Shaman \
package manager, which is currently residing in playground.

My intent is to move both LibQApt and Muon to extragear after their stint in \
kdereview.

Thanks,
Jonathan

[1] http://api.kde.org/playground-api/libs-apidocs/libqapt/html/namespaceQApt.html