List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    LibQApt moved to kdereview
From:       Jonathan Thomas <echidnaman () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-08-12 13:02:49

Hello,

I've moved LibQApt, a Qt library for interacting with the APT package \
management system, to /trunk/kdereview/libqapt. It is cross-platform in \
that it should work on all Debian-based systems, so it's not going to be \
useful for absolutely everyone, but it would still be great for those who \
could to give it a code review. As a note, I did do a stable release of \
QApt yesterday, and as such the API/ABI are now frozen. It's unfortunate \
that I was not able to do this move before the stable release, but this has \
been a really crazy month for me, and circumstances left me unable.

For those who can use it, in the way of dependencies you'll need \
libapt-pkg, libxapian, libpolkit-qt-1-core, and the standard Qt4 libraries. \
It ships an optional KDE-based utility which is fully translatable. The \
library itself is fully documented via the doxygen apidox[1], and all \
public classes have proper dpointers.

At the moment, the major consumer of LibQApt is Muon, which I have also \
recently moved from kdereview. I shall write a move email for Muon directly \
after this, in fact. Aside from Muon, LibQApt already also powers several \
applications in the development version of Kubuntu 10.10, as well as powers \
a WIP backend for the Shaman package manager, which is currently residing \
in playground.

My intent is to move both LibQApt and Muon to extragear after their stint \
in kdereview.

Thanks,
Jonathan

[1] http://api.kde.org/playground-api/libs-apidocs/libqapt/html/namespaceQApt.html