List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Review Request: Workaround for non-thread-safety of
From:       Sune Vuorela <nospam () vuorela ! dk>
Date:       2010-06-01 23:26:44

On 2010-05-28, Maksim Orlovich <mo85@cornell.edu> wrote:

[about some dbus->fix_threadsafety() function called by qtdbus]

> It's possible for a process to use more than one toolkit at once.
> (For example, in Netscape plugin support implementations with a Qt-based
> host)

What would the side effects be in this case?

will <other toolkit> in same process be forced to use the 'new behaviour
dbus' and if it can't handle it, weird things will break?

Or will we end up with a mix of new and old behaviour dbus running in
the same process not knowing which of them will be used when?

if the first, are there expected other values of <other toolkits> than
gtk, and is the dbus-gtk (glib?) things already safe with 'new
behaviour' ?

/Sune