On Wednesday, May 12, 2010 19:16:18 Aaron J. Seigo wrote: > On May 12, 2010, Dawit A wrote: > > Can any of the people working on KRunner tell me why the webshortcut > > plugin for KRunner in > > "kdebase/workspace/plasma/generic/runners/webshortcuts" implements the > > web shortcut logic from scratch instead of using KURIFilter directly ? > > if KURIFilter can provide the exact same functionality You are asking me back the same thing I am asking here ?? Why was KURIFilter not used from the onset ? Does the plug-in need anything not available through KURIFIlter ? Anyhow... > a patch that makes it use KURIFilter would be welcomed. No desire or time for that... The only reason I even bothered to look into this is because I received an email about issues when typing "gg:blah blah blah" in krunner.