On Monday, May 03, 2010 09:31:58 David Faure wrote: > On Friday 30 April 2010, Rolf Eike Beer wrote: > > Dawit A wrote: > > > On Thursday, April 29, 2010 02:14:45 Rolf Eike Beer wrote: > > > > My point is less a thing that this (or any other) slave will do or > > > > not with this data now or in one year. My point is that when this is > > > > some internal state of whatever kind than we should under no way > > > > allow remote systems to influence that in any way but through our > > > > code that does it explicitely. It's the same like you make class > > > > members private instead of making them public and hoping that noone > > > > will touch them if you name them > > > > _private_member_foo. > > > > > > Again there is no way for a remote system to influence the meta-data > > > system, internal or otherwise, right now unless the developer of an > > > ioslave implicitly allows it to do so. As such I fail to see how you > > > can protect against that by using special characters in the keyword. > > > If the developer is going to expose it to influence by the remote > > > system, what stops him from simply adding the keyword directly ? To me > > > it is simply a pointless exercise since you cannot control what a > > > developer will do in the end. What you are saying would make a great > > > deal of sense if we automatically mapped meta-data sent by a remote > > > system directly into our internal scheme, but we do not do that. > > > > Ok, so if there is no way to put "global" entries in the metadata > > everything is fine. The HTTP ioslave e.g. puts everything in the > > Content-Disposition header as Content-Disposition-foo in the metadata. If > > noone inserts un-prefixed wildcard data in the metadata we're save. > > Yes. Don't confuse metadata with HTTP headers, even if in some cases > there's some overlap. > The HTTP headers sent by the webservers are NOT put into the metadata as > one entry per header. > > > About the naming: I think 0 and 1 should be replaced with descriptive > names. Any suggestions on the descriptive names ? Would {kio~internal~currenthost} and {kio~internal~allhosts} do ?