On Friday, April 30, 2010 14:14:05 Rolf Eike Beer wrote: > Dawit A wrote: > > On Thursday, April 29, 2010 02:14:45 Rolf Eike Beer wrote: > > > My point is less a thing that this (or any other) slave will do or not > > > with this data now or in one year. My point is that when this is some > > > internal state of whatever kind than we should under no way allow > > > remote systems to influence that in any way but through our code that > > > does it explicitely. It's the same like you make class members private > > > instead of making them public and hoping that noone will touch them if > > > you name them > > > _private_member_foo. > > > > Again there is no way for a remote system to influence the meta-data > > system, internal or otherwise, right now unless the developer of an > > ioslave implicitly allows it to do so. As such I fail to see how you can > > protect against that by using special characters in the keyword. If the > > developer is going to expose it to influence by the remote system, what > > stops him from simply adding the keyword directly ? To me it is simply a > > pointless exercise since you cannot control what a developer will do in > > the end. What you are saying would make a great deal of sense if we > > automatically mapped meta-data sent by a remote system directly into our > > internal scheme, but we do not do that. > > Ok, so if there is no way to put "global" entries in the metadata > everything is fine. The HTTP ioslave e.g. puts everything in the > Content-Disposition header as Content-Disposition-foo in the metadata. If > noone inserts un-prefixed wildcard data in the metadata we're save. Right, but I have changed the keyword to "{kio~internal~[0-1]}" anyhow since the characters it is composed of does not matter. In fact with the change the keyword now looks sufficiently unique and will not be confused for with a regular metadata... Regards, Dawit A.