On Wednesday 28 of April 2010, Andriy Rysin wrote: > Would anybody know why when I bring K menu or popup window for kmix I don't > get window change notification. But when I do it with kxkb (now using > KStatusNotifierItem) I get a window change event with window type > NET::Unknown ? I think the answer is that the menu created using KStatusNotifierItem is broken. If I'm not mistaken it tries to fake a popup manually using a normal window and is not very good at it. > This interferes with changing layout by using kxkb popup menu when "by > window" options is on (both 4.4 and trunk is affected), cause when you use > popup menu it just changes the layout for itself not the current window. I > am trying to come up with a workaround for this but in general I'd say > KStatusNotifierItem popup window should not generate window change (like > other popup menus) or if it really has to the type probably should not be > Uknown The popup menu should be fixed to be a popup menu. -- Lubos Lunak openSUSE Boosters team, KDE developer l.lunak@suse.cz , l.lunak@kde.org