List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: When will KDE4 restore the missing functionalities from KDE3?
From:       Thiago Macieira <thiago () kde ! org>
Date:       2010-02-21 22:13:18

Em Domingo 21. Fevereiro 2010, às 22.48.31, Ozan Çağlayan escreveu:
> I'd really like to hear the feelings of the community about the issue. Why
> functional regressions from KDE3 were never considered as release
> blockers?

Because they aren't.

KDE 4 will *never* restore all the missing functionality from KDE 3. Ever.
Forget it.

KDE 4 will continue to add features, some of which were present in KDE 3, some
of which are new. But in the end, KDE 4 will never reach 100% parity with KDE
3 in terms of features. Some features will not come back.

Now, in the specific case of printing, it's both because Qt printing isn't up
to par and because it's an area with less interest.

If you feel this area is a problem, open up your preferred IDE and start
coding.

      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358