List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Rekonq default
From:       Allan Sandfeld Jensen <kde () carewolf ! com>
Date:       2010-02-21 19:23:55

On Sunday 21 February 2010, Stefan Majewsky wrote:
> Am Sonntag, 21. Februar 2010 20:04:19 schrieb Allan Sandfeld Jensen:
> > It is control of widgets. KHTML uses native widgets, while webkit has
> > gone the path of firefox and made widgets out of html/css parts. These
> > makes the widgets controllable by the web-authors, but means they no
> > longer look or behave like KDE widgets. Some might be possible to fix,
> > and integrate, but as default, they don't.
>
> Do you have some further reading on this? I do not get how one would want
> to modify buttons and controls, apart from colors and sizes which can
> easily be changed in QPalette/QStyle.

Look for instance at CSS3-UI

But I think it is a lost fight. The technologies will collide no matter what.
Consider the spell-check in GMail, and then consider that KHTML tries to
provide its own spell-check using a KDE text-widget. GMail doesn't even do
anything fancy, it just adds the spell-check using javascript.

I mean I wasn't trying to be inflamatory. This is possibly just a consequence
of a changing web, and richer online applications.

`Allan