List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Rekonq default
From:       Frank Karlitschek <karlitschek () kde ! org>
Date:       2010-02-21 18:29:02

On 21.02.2010, at 18:39, Maksim Orlovich wrote:

> > > And don't confuse corporate projects that accept free labor with
> > > community
> > > projects.
> >
> > Why do you want to turn this thread into a flamewar?
>
> Turn it into it? This entire thread was flamebait, and there are limits to
> how much crap I can put up with, after years of FUD and backstabbing from
> supposed "friends". Though, as much as I am angry I am also sad, sad that
> no one any longer remembers what KDE values used to be, and about how many
> people would blindly enable companies whose vision is to ultimately make
> things like KDE irrelevant.
>
> Yes, this sort of stuff may actually be the pragmatic direction to take
> --- because clearly hardly anyone cares enough to put in effort behind the
> much, much, harder direction for abstract values like the web as an actual
> open platform, and the idea of an integrated desktop.... and because for
> the few people that still care, it's very hard to keep motivated after the
> atmosphere has been sufficiently poisoned and your odds of success are
> pretty low.

I tried to start an IMHO needed objective discussion about the KDE SC browser \
situation. But this thread went into a flamewar without any factual outcome.

So as I´m the one who started this thread I would suggest to close this thread now \
because it obviously leads to nothing.

Sorry for your time.

Frank

--