List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Rekonq default
From:       Tom Albers <toma () kde ! org>
Date:       2010-02-21 17:38:50

Op Sunday 21 February 2010 17:36 schreef u:
> I must say that I´m astonished that at least one person sees a connection
> between me investing time in taking care about financial and administrative
> stuff at the e.V. and having an opinion about the enduser experience of our
> software compilation.

What I meant was the other way round.  And since I will not receive a akademy award for the \
most popular guy this year, I should probably explain what I mean.

I'm very much surprised that someone who "takes care of financial and administrative stuff in \
the eV" is stating figures (quote: "rekonq is a better browser for 80% of our users") which are \
completely random and did not do any fact checking (would the rekonq devels even like to be the \
default browser? ). For a subject that is delicate and controversial I would expected a more \
tactical approach to this subject.

Also you wrote "I have a nice history of starting flame wars. So to keep my reputation I'm  \
proposing my next controversial thing." , so you were well aware of the fact that the subject \
is delicate and controversial and this is not the right approach.  This line also gave *me* the \
impression that you probably enjoyed writing this mail and that makes me even more angry.

To be clear, I'm not stating that you are abusing powers as an eV board member or have intented \
that, but *I* did expect a more tactical approach from a person within the board.

Toma
--
KDE Developer