List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Rekonq default
From:       Tom Albers <toma () kde ! org>
Date:       2010-02-21 17:38:50

Op Sunday 21 February 2010 17:36 schreef u:
> I must say that I´m astonished that at least one person sees a connection
> between me investing time in taking care about financial and \
> administrative stuff at the e.V. and having an opinion about the enduser \
> experience of our software compilation.

What I meant was the other way round.  And since I will not receive a \
akademy award for the most popular guy this year, I should probably explain \
what I mean.

I'm very much surprised that someone who "takes care of financial and \
administrative stuff in the eV" is stating figures (quote: "rekonq is a \
better browser for 80% of our users") which are completely random and did \
not do any fact checking (would the rekonq devels even like to be the \
default browser? ). For a subject that is delicate and controversial I \
would expected a more tactical approach to this subject.

Also you wrote "I have a nice history of starting flame wars. So to keep my \
reputation I'm  proposing my next controversial thing." , so you were well \
aware of the fact that the subject is delicate and controversial and this \
is not the right approach.  This line also gave *me* the impression that \
you probably enjoyed writing this mail and that makes me even more angry.

To be clear, I'm not stating that you are abusing powers as an eV board \
member or have intented that, but *I* did expect a more tactical approach \
from a person within the board.

Toma
--
KDE Developer