List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Rekonq default
From:       "Maksim Orlovich" <mo85 () cornell ! edu>
Date:       2010-02-21 17:39:02

>> And don't confuse corporate projects that accept free labor with
>> community
>> projects.
>
> Why do you want to turn this thread into a flamewar?

Turn it into it? This entire thread was flamebait, and there are limits to
how much crap I can put up with, after years of FUD and backstabbing from
supposed "friends". Though, as much as I am angry I am also sad, sad that
no one any longer remembers what KDE values used to be, and about how many
people would blindly enable companies whose vision is to ultimately make
things like KDE irrelevant.

Yes, this sort of stuff may actually be the pragmatic direction to take
--- because clearly hardly anyone cares enough to put in effort behind the
much, much, harder direction for abstract values like the web as an actual
 open platform, and the idea of an integrated desktop.... and because for
the few people that still care, it's very hard to keep motivated after the
atmosphere has been sufficiently poisoned and your odds of success are
pretty low.