List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Rekonq default
From:       Marco Martin <notmart () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-02-21 16:55:49

On Sun, Feb 21, 2010 at 12:39 AM, Allan Sandfeld Jensen
<kde@carewolf.com> wrote:
> On Saturday 20 February 2010, Frank Karlitschek wrote:
>> 1. userinterface
>> the GUI of rekonq is more optimized for webbrowsing. it is simpler and more
>> to the point of using the web. But also has advanced features like the
>> speed dial or previews for tabs. I think it has a better GUI for most
>> users compared with konqueror
>>
> Konqueror has a feature called profiles. This is not used enough. Using
> profiles you can change the behaviour and look of konqueror without writing a
> new application from scratch. Maybe, we should get this hooked up to get-new-
> stuff.

this is actually one of the reasons i'm really unconfortable with konqueror.
this makes the very same application behave in n different ways, not
really good for predictability and coherence.
it is actually a great feature that makes is an advanced tool, but for
a more broad, more marketed application we need exactly something tht
does -not- have a feature like that, something that does one thing,
does it well and does it in a single, predictable way

Cheers,
Marco Martin