List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Rekonq default
From:       Sebastian =?iso-8859-15?q?K=FCgler?= <sebas () kde ! org>
Date:       2010-02-21 15:56:31

On Sunday 21 February 2010 16:16:09 Tom Albers wrote:
> Op Sunday 21 February 2010 15:44 schreef u:
> > On Saturday 20 February 2010 15:43:57 Frank Karlitschek wrote:
> > > What do you think?
> >
> > let me make one thing clear (because I've actually read people relating
> > this request
> > to Frank's role as KDE e.V. board member): this has nothing to do with
> > the KDE e.V.,
> > it has not been discussed within the Board, I did not know about this
> > request of
> > Frank until I read my email and this thread was well rolling already, and
> > it's  certainly not the role nor the intention of the Board to influence
> > this kind of decision. The request has been made on Frank's personal
> > account only and should be
> > seen as that.
>
> He has written the mail and he is board member.

Which is why I made clear it's independent from each other. Being a member of the
board doesn't exclude you from anything else, and it shouldn't. Otherwise, I'd have
to drop a lot of stuff I'm doing next to my activity as a board member. That would
make "doing stuff for the e.V." a hell of a lot less attractive, btw, which isn't
helpful to anyone. Everyone in KDE wears many hats.

By default, assume something happens on personal account, we'll make it clear if
something's not, and the opinion or decision of the board. (Again, the board doesn't
have any say in this particular matter, and that's a good thing.)
--
sebas