List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Rekonq default
From:       Eike Hein <hein () kde ! org>
Date:       2010-02-20 17:59:59

On 02/20/2010 06:38 PM, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> that said, it's kind of an unfortunate time to move it into extragear if the
> git migration for kde continues, as it will mean rekonq moving back to
> gitorious in short order. instead, i'd recommend adding the kde team member
> group to rekonq on gitorious and continue to work on it there.

Moving into Extragear doesn't need to mean moving into
SVN. It can stay on Gitorious. But to be a proper KDE
Extragear app the project+repos has to be owned by
kde-developers (the main KDE team on Gitorious),
kde-developers needs commit access, kde-sysadmin (ano-
ther KDE team on Gitorious) needs admin access and
scripty needs to be set up, etc.

To make that happen when it's time it's best if the
Rekonq devs open a thread on kde-scm-interest or stop
by in #kde-git on IRC so the details of how the pro-
ject and repo needs to be set up can be walked through
in greater detail.

That said, to move into Extragear an app has to spend
some time in kdereview first, which is still in SVN
right now. We don't have an established workflow for
how to expand the kdereview institution into the realms
of Gitorious yet. So yeah, a short stint in SVN is pro-
bably needed.

--
Best regards,
Eike Hein