On Friday 29 January 2010 14:30:37 Thiago Macieira wrote: > Em Sexta-feira 29 Janeiro 2010, ās 14:04:06, Pierre Schmitz escreveu: > > > I've already made a script to do that. Actually, a Qt program. > > > > > > I'll probably update Qt's certificate list with the Firefox ones for > > > the next Qt version. > > > > > > So all KDE has to do is stop overriding Qt's default certificate > > > bundle. > > > > I would appreciate if KDE and Qt would use the system wide cert bundle > > (optionally configurable at build time). > > The only thing that's holding me back in updating the Qt certificates is to > decide whether keeping expired certificates is a good thing. > > There are 81 certificates in Qt's bundle. One of them is repeated, so 80 > are unique. > > However, from those 80, 8 have expired already. > > Of the 72 non-expired, unique certificates in Qt, 48 are *not* in the > Firefox certificate store. But when the remainder of the Firefox ones are > added, the total increases to 120. I'd really want *only* the certificates from Firefox and no expired certificates. Expired certificates generate an SSL error when connecting, just like a missing certificate. So the only change for client code is a different SSL error. Can you do that - i.e. just sync with Firefox? Or introduce a policy to remove expired certificates after n years and otherwise sync with Firefox... As I mentioned, the type of SSL error won't matter very much. If you can't do that, would you mind posting the script to download the certificates? :)