On Wednesday 23 December 2009, Jos van den Oever wrote: > 2009/12/23 Jos van den Oever : > > 2009/12/23 Stefan Majewsky : > >> Am Mittwoch, 23. Dezember 2009 09:49:16 schrieb Andras Mantia: > >>> TIFF is "interesting", it can be plain graphics where a graphic > >>> editing app fits more for them, or it can be a multipage document > >>> (produced by FAX applications), where Okular would be a better choice. > >> > >> I would in this case prefer an approach that files are opened in a > >> viewer first, and the viewer offers a button to open the editor of > >> choice. This could be extended where applicable. > > > > Multipage TIFF files are generated also by software that comes with > > scientific microscopes, they are called TIFF stacks there. These files > > are either single images or movies. The use-case where you have > > multiple pages you want to page through does not arise there. TIFF > > stacks are used because they store the movies losslessly. > > An example of such use can be found here: > http://rsb.info.nih.gov/ij/images/blood-brain-barrier.zip > This zip contains a tif stack of 72 images. Okular is the only KDE > program I know that can show all frames/pages. > > (ImageJ is a very popular program with biologists and physists for > analyzing microscope data.) > > Cheers, > Jos > Bah, Krita asserts on a tag -- I'll ask Cyrille to look at it. We can load multi-page tiff files, too :-) -- Boudewijn Rempt | http://www.valdyas.org