Hi, all These days I've been modifying KDMFprintPlugin and KFingerManager. http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/playground/base/kfingerprint/ KDMFprintPlugin is a KDM kgreeter plugin for login, and KFingerManager is an application for enrollment management. Check supported fingerprint sensor list: http://www.reactivated.net/fprint/wiki/Supported_devices, KDMFprintPlugin requires libusb, libfprint, pam_fprint, while KFingerManager requires libusb, libfprint, fprintd. see http://www.reactivated.net/fprint/wiki/Main_Page And pam configuration needs some modification. Modify pam (this may be different on different distributions) - cp /etc/pam.d/kde /etc/pam.d/kde-fprintd - add "auth sufficient pam_fprint.so" into "system-auth" Two ways to try fingerprint login using KDM, 1. just choose " Authentication Method" as "Username + passwd(classic)", then press enter, KDM trunk can handle it well now. 2. Install KDMFprintPlugin package Modify kdm config file - modify section [X-*-Greeter] add or modify PluginsLogin [X-*-Greeter] PluginsLogin = fprintd, classic, generic, winbind - change "UseTheme=true" into "UseTheme=false", because now no proper theme for fprint. To try KFingerManager, install it, systemsettings-->About me--->Fingerprint Manager, or kcmshell4 kfingermanager. There are also many things to do to make it better, like modify current KDM theme management, improve ability of KFingerManager. I hope more people can test these code, and any comments are warmly welcomed! Regards -- ÅËÎÀƽ(Peter Pan) Red Flag Software Co., Ltd