List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Bugreporting barrier is too low with the new Dr. Konqi
From:       Tom Albers <toma () kde ! org>
Date:       2009-11-04 9:04:19

Op Wednesday 4 November 2009 05:18 schreef u:
> Well, we can at least host our own instance of it, which means that if we move
> off of it onto something else that we should be able to get to our data, which
> I think is the bigger concern over being "free-as-in-beer". At least, that's
> how I feel about it.

Sure, I consider that important too. From what I've seen is that converters usually \
do a great job for 80% of the data. But that 20% can be problematic and result in a \
no-go. But there are also some corner cases, like the inability to convert/use the \
old passwords for users, which is pretty likely. We have to decide if the advantages \
of any new system beat that rather big disadvantage.

Redmine has a bz2redmine converter. I'm a bit sceptical Redmine can deal with the \
amount of bugs we have, but just for the fun of it, I'm planning to see if it would \
be capable of handling it. Nothing on short-term though.

And with the arrival of the new drkonqi any possible transition has become a lot \
harder, as it depends on the presence of a bugzilla installation.

Best,

Toma