Marco Martin a écrit : > dunno if i do.. but anyways, to summarize: > -the thing -does- want to be part of the notification system As I replied to Aaron, do you consider that a KNotificationItem is an element inside a KNotification? if it's not then the name is not appropriate IMO. > -other names doen't seem -much- better > -honestly i don't really want to embark in a mission of unbreaking the whole > trunk after renaming it, unless there is a -really- better name As the starter of this discussion I would like to offer my help should you decide to rename the class. I believe it can be done without breaking trunk. Here is how I would do it: 1. Rename the DBus object 2. Rename knotificationitem.{h,cpp} to newclassname.{h,cpp} and rename the class in it 3. Create knotificationitem.h with the following content: #include typedef NewClassName KNotificationItem; At this point, the class is renamed, but trunk should still build. 4. Adjust existing code to use NewClassName. 5. When all code has been adjusted, remove knotificationitem.h Aurélien