On Wednesday 28 October 2009, Dawit A. wrote: > On Tuesday 27 October 2009 22:02:10 Chani wrote: > > > > i ask because there is now a QGraphicsWebView included with QtWebkit > > > > which Plasma eventually will be using instead of our own > > > > QWebPage-behind-a- QGraphicsWidget implementation that we currently > > > > use; being able to set the KWebPage on a QGraphicsWebView and get > > > > everything, including KWallet integration, would be optimal. > > > > > > That is exactly the kind of thing KWebPage is actually designed to > > > solve. You use it in place of its Qt counter part to get all of the KDE > > > integration for free... > > > > yes but in plasma we need a *graphics*widget, not a widget. are you going > > to provide that? > > Well if you mean are we going to provide a KDE re-implementaion of > QGraphicsWebView, then there is no plan to do that at this point. nope, because we can't use a QWidget at all, too overhead for a thing like that > Having said that simply doing what Aaron suggested above, setting KWebPage > on the QGraphicsWebView, you get 99.9% of the KDE integration. Besides that would be rocking! what we need is in fact a subclass of a QWebPage, at the moment we purely use a qwebpage to paint, we will probably switch to qgraphicswebview, but i suppose one can just feed a KWebPage to it. > convenience, there are only a couple of additional features in KWebView > and I am sure someone can easily add a QGraphicsWebView re-implementation > that mimics KWebView's functionality to kdewebkit if needed... > -- Marco Martin