List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: kdewebkit moved to kdereview
From:       "Dawit A." <adawit () kde ! org>
Date:       2009-10-27 17:44:00

On Tuesday 27 October 2009 11:17:51 you wrote:

> > > For password management there are two parts, the first is the QtWebKit
> > > side (grabbing and loading forms) and the second is the hook to
> > > KWallet via dbus.  I have finished the first part in Arora and
> > > currently just save dump to disk the form data.  If someone wants to
> > > help do the second part we could create a working code base that could
> > > be shared.
> >
> > I do not mind taking a stub at the KWallet portion specially since I can
> >  cheat  and look at what has already been done by khtml as a starting
> >  point. Out of curiosity though how were you able to obtain form data
> > from QtWebKit in Qt 4.5 or were you able to achieve that through the new
> > QWebElement API in Qt 4.6 ? Anyhow, I will look into this when I get the
> > chance soon unless someone else beats me to it...
>
> I'd be very interested in using this for some Silk-related code. I'm not
>  sure integration in the kdewebkit kpart is good enough for my use cases.
>  I'd basically like to be able to use it from a QWebView, and specifically
>  from a QGraphicsWebView (the canvas one). If you'd keep that in mind while
>  giving it a go, that would be awesome :)
>
> If you've questions what we're doing exactly, let me know and I'll explain
>  it in more detail.

I am just curious why you feel kdewebkit is not going to be good enough for
your use cases. If you think that because you believe kdewebkit is a KPart
then you are wrong. Here is the simplest explanation I can give:

kdewebkit  =>  QtWebkit + KDE integration (KIO, KCookiejar, etc).
webkitpart =>  KPart that uses kdewebkit (for Konqueror integration).

These two are completely separate things. Anyhow, you can use any KDE
integration component as you see fit since all of them are provided
individually, KIO::Integration::AccessManager, KIO::Integration::CookieJar,
KWebPluginFactory and perhaps soon a class for KWallet integration...