A Diumenge, 25 d'octubre de 2009, Alexis Ménard va escriure: > On Sun, Oct 25, 2009 at 9:08 PM, Albert Astals Cid wrote: > > A Diumenge, 25 d'octubre de 2009, Albert Astals Cid va escriure: > > > A Diumenge, 25 d'octubre de 2009, Urs Wolfer va escriure: > > > > On Sunday 25 October 2009 20:31:25 Albert Astals Cid wrote: > > > > > A Diumenge, 25 d'octubre de 2009, Urs Wolfer va escriure: > > > > > > I have just moved the kdewebkit lib from > > > > > > playground/libs/webkitkde/kdewebkit into kdereview. It's the KDE > > > > > > integration part of QtWebKit which is used directly in many apps > > > > and > > > > > > > > libs already (...which does *not* include the WebKit KPart). Any > > > > KDE > > > > > > > > app is supposed to move to this integration lib when it is in > > > > kdelibs > > > > > > > > (plans are to move it to kdelibs/kdewebkit). > > > > > > > > > > > > It requires an up-to-date kdelibs because of recent changes in > > > > > > KIO. > > > > > > > > > > > > There is still a copy of it in > > > > > > playground/libs/webkitkde/kdewebkit > > > > in > > > > > > > > order to allow building the WebKit KPart without kdereview. > > > > > > Please > > > > do > > > > > > > > not work anymore with this copy, but use the kdereview copy! I > > > > > > will drop the playground copy as soon as has been moved to > > > > > > kdelibs. > > > > > > > > > > What's the use case of this? > > > > > > > > Many distributions create packages for the WebKit KPart. That's why I > > > > do > > > > > > not want to depenend on kdelibs trunk and kdereview parts. It would > > > > only > > > > > > introduce additional complexity. > > > > > > That's not what i asked, what i asked is why this code should go to > > > kdelibs, what does it give over the technologies we already have > > > there? > > > > Ok, let me say it in different words for it to be clear since some people > > do > > not want to understand. > > > > kdelibs has KHTML, we don't need webkit at all. > > Yes it has and? I mean if we have something that works better why not > pushing it? > > That is your point of view, let's wait others. > > > The problem is that Nokians agenda is kill KHTML in favor of QtWebkit. > > lol, what gives you this impression? Where have you read this? I think you > have to stop to be paranoiac (Nokia don't control and don't want to control > KDE). > > I would rather say that many KDE people are pushing for Webkit, like the > Silk project (No relation at all with Nokia). > > Have you been to this discussion in Gran Canaria where Konqueror/KHTML > people were talking about Webkit? Yes i was there. > There was trolls in that group just to > answer questions and help them with Webkit not to say : "switch to webkit". > > > I only want to remind you the fiasco (Can't print in okular. can't do > > poster > > printing. why i can't print only odd pages?) of the killing of KDEPrint > > by forcing QPrinter on us that never got fixed and we are still suffering > > the consequences by asking us to rewrite what we already had working. > > This is completely different. It's unfortunate but if Nokia don't fix fast > enough or don't bring features fast enough, they have an open repository > where you can add what you would have done in KDEPrint. No i can't my religion doesn't allow me to develop for corporations for free. Albert > > > Albert > > > > Albert > > > > > > > Bye > > > > urs >