Thiago Macieira schrieb: > The branch switching is necessary in the workflow I created because I'm > treating kde-qt branches as patch queues. Each time I create a new branch, I > reapply all the previous patches from KDE, while local changes, like backports > from Qt itself, are lost. We start anew. You could create a branch latest-stable that merges 4.6-stable etc. such that the merge always takes the content of the merged-in branch. Then people need just track lastest-stable, and they will be fast-forwarded by the next git pull. -- Hannes