On Friday 18 September 2009, Carlo wrote: > the problem is QT_NO_DEBUG, in non debug builds DefaultOutput is > defined as NoOutput Indeed. Fixed. kDebug/kWarning/etc. should work even when kdelibs was compiled in debug mode. The question is whether kDebug should work when the _app_ itself is compiled in release mode. If not, then we might have to do something like this in addition, could you test it? --- kdebug.h (revision 1024583) +++ kdebug.h (working copy) @@ -37,7 +37,7 @@ */ #if !defined(KDE_NO_DEBUG_OUTPUT) -# if defined(QT_NO_DEBUG_OUTPUT) || defined(QT_NO_DEBUG_STREAM) +# if defined(QT_NO_DEBUG_OUTPUT) || defined(QT_NO_DEBUG_STREAM) || defined(QT_NO_DEBUG) # define KDE_NO_DEBUG_OUTPUT # endif #endif > so since there is no WarnOutput in kdebugrc it > will default to NoOutput, what I don't understand is why it works with > kdebug Because I made kDebug() write an entry in kdebugrc (so that the area name appears in kdebugdialog), and that entry defaults to "yes for kDebug", cf writeGroupForNamedArea(). > and it can read InfoOutput since I don't have any debug area 0 > in kdebugrc There is no more debug area 0 in kdebugrc, it's now the app name (in kdelibs >= 4.4) -- David Faure, faure@kde.org, sponsored by Nokia to work on KDE, Konqueror (http://www.konqueror.org), and KOffice (http://www.koffice.org).