On Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 9:39 AM, Andreas Pakulat wrote: > On 18.09.09 02:40:40, Milian Wolff wrote: >> Hey people! >> >> Something makes kWarning() output _nothing_ at all. >> >> I just spent 2h debugging a problem in the PHP plugin to finally find it and saw >> that I _should_ have seen it directly: there should have been a kWarning() >> message emitted. >> >> I deleted my kdebugrc, enabled _all_ areas in kdebugdialog, no change. Also >> note: kDebug() works just fine! >> >> I tried around, didn't work in any kdevelop plugin. Also added it to a >> KTextEditor plugin, which showed the same behaviour... >> >> Can someone reproduce this issue or is it something local on my machine? >> Oh and note: In a simple hello-world-like app kWarning worked just fine! >> >> Do you have an idea what might be the issue? >> >> I find this very critical as kWarnings should _always_ be shown! Right now it's >> really the worst-case scenario... > > Are you running trunk? I won't have access to a 4.3 system until next > week, but it could be that this is a regression introduced by dfaure's > automatic-assigning-of-debug-areas. > > I could just reproduce this with kcalc, using kWarning() didn't produce > anything. It seems kcalc gets assigned an automatic id here though. Even > if I explcitly put in a static debug area and enable that it doesn't > work. > > I'm moving this to kde-core-devel (please remove kwrite-devel when > replying) as thats where this belongs. I've seen this also in QTest > unit-tests, kDebug() was printed, but kWarnings() are not. > > Andreas > > -- > You will experience a strong urge to do good; but it will pass. > I'm having this problem on windows from some time now, but I thought it was a windows issue I've just tested it on 4.3.1 on linux with a simple kapplication and kwarning doesn't work, if I remove the kapplication it works