John Tapsell wrote: >> Unfortunately not: from what I understand (I was not there yet when it was >> designed) some applications really relied on the notification actions (this >> is probably more important on the GNOME side, because the only notification >> output available was notification bubbles, so actions were always there). >> >> Lots of applications have been patched to detect support for actions and >> behave otherwise if it is not there, but to avoid regressions in >> applications Ubuntu developers would not be able to patch, it was decided >> that while notify-osd would announce it does not support actions, if a >> notification with action is sent to it, it displays an (ugly) dialog instead >> of a bubble. It also does the same if the notification is permanent. > > > Okay, so shouldn't notify-osd be fixed? How would you fix that? Aurelien