Aaron J. Seigo wrote: >> As Olivier said, >> developers should not assume that actions are always displayed, since >> most knotify notification plugins do not support them. > > "most" as in "numerically greatest". our primary target environment does > support them, however. I am not sure what you are talking about. I was referring to the execute, ktts, logfile, sound, and taskbar plugins. > and the only cases i can think of that really *require* such actions be > visible only run in the KDE Workspace (e.g. KDE's power management > infrastructure). > >> Do you think this patch could be upstreamed? > > imho, no. > Too bad, we will have to keep it Kubuntu specific then. We really need this to avoid a bad user experience when running KDE applications on GNOME + notify-osd. Aurélien