On Tuesday 01 September 2009, Aaron J. Seigo wrote: > On September 1, 2009, Aurélien Gâteau wrote: > > Aaron J. Seigo wrote: > > > On September 1, 2009, Aurélien Gâteau wrote: > > >> decide to use a dialog box instead (in fact I think this notification > > >> should always be presented through a dialog box) > > > > > > why? > > > > Because it's quite critical and requires a very fast response from the > > user, so I believe this is one of the very few cases where interrupting > > the user workflow should be allowed. > > so a dialog that overrides focus stealing prevention .. in which case it > risks being accidentally triggered? a dialog that resides on all desktops? > i don't think this is a very elegant solution. A dialog box is not an elegant solution, but the cancel action in the current notification is a bit hard to hit. I cancel the standby/hibernation quite often as I have a laptop that runs on batteries about 20 minutes after the battery meters has gone to 0% and 10 seconds is not enough time to go and get the power cable. For me, the most elegant solution would be to have the cancel action in the power-management plasmoid (assuming it is running) and not in the notification it self. My point being that the "critical" actions probably should not be in the notifications. -- Kåre Särs