List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE Trunk based on Qt 4.6
From:       Tom Albers <toma () kde ! org>
Date:       2009-08-30 20:02:03

Op Sunday 30 August 2009 21:44 schreef u:
> Well, that's better, but still a bit too early.
>
> Let's assume the TP is released this week, and that the releases happen four
> weeks apart[*]:
> W36 - Qt 4.6 technical preview
> W40 - Qt 4.6 beta
> W44 - Qt 4.6 release candidate
> W48 - Qt 4.6 final
>
> KDE beta is W46. It would require that the releases be spaced less than 4
> weeks apart, or that the RC finds no major issues. We're trying to shorten our
> release cycle, but less than 3 months between TP and final is a stretch right
> now.

Well, obviously we would like to depend on Qt4.6 and we can shift KDE release two \
weeks if we know in time, but it requires some sort of commitment from Qt that above \
schedule is matched.

I mean, I know you can not guarantee it, and I'm not asking that. But if you tell me \
W48 is the release, 80% sure and if not it is the week after, I'm happy to \
incorporate that in our schedule.

Toma
--
KDE Developer