On Friday 14 August 2009, Michael Leupold wrote: > David Faure wrote: > > On Tuesday 28 July 2009, Raphael Kubo da Costa wrote: > >> I'm not sure if this should actually be taken to kde-devel; if so, > >> please tell me. > >> > >> Bug 201162 (https://bugs.kde.org/201162) isn't actually a bug - the > >> default application associated with XML files is Konqueror, but when > >> the XML file isn't styled it just renders a blank page, confusing the > >> users. > > > > Interesting, both khtml and kdewebkit render a blank page indeed. > > I was hoping webkit fixed that; guess not. > > > > So I agree, real xml files could go to kate. But make sure that the xhtml > > subtype keeps going to konqueror. > > Is this actually possible to decide before deciding on the KPart? According > to http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml-media-types/ you can't decide on the mime-type > alone as XHTML documents MAY be served using application/xml or text/xml in > addition to the proper application/xhtml+xml. If you follow a link to an application/xml page in konqueror, the new page will still be shown inside konqueror, since the current part supports the mimetype. But indeed, this means that typing a http URL in krunner could end up opening up the page in kate rather than konqueror. Bad. I have no idea why they said that xkhtml documents may be served using application/xml, that's just broken since it means we can't differ between "xml that contains html tags" and "pure xml that a browser cannot understand"... -- David Faure, faure@kde.org, sponsored by Qt Software @ Nokia to work on KDE, Konqueror (http://www.konqueror.org), and KOffice (http://www.koffice.org).