List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: API robustness - (was: Different ways to create a directory)
From:       David Faure <faure () kde ! org>
Date:       2009-08-14 8:14:53

On Sunday 09 August 2009, Rafael Fernández López wrote:
> In this special case I think we should only advise (from my POV obviously) KIO
> and NetAccess usage.

For documents created by users, sure. But for app-internal stuff that will
always go to a local file, this is overkill. You don't want a kio job
(which is either async, or uses a dangerous nested event loop) just
to create a local directory or file like a config file or a cache or anything
else you can find under $KDEHOME or ~/.local.

You can't solve every problem around the house with a hammer,
there are different tools for different purposes.