On Thursday 30 July 2009, Raphael Kubo da Costa wrote: > Currently, I can see that a directory can be created with > QDir::mkdir Local paths only > KIO::mkdir Network transparent, asynchronous > NetAccess::mkdir (a wrapper around KIO::mkdir for synchronous usage) Yep. So: Network transparent, synchronous > and KStandardDirs::makeDir. Local paths only, but also creates missing parent directories. So this one is more comparable to QDir::mkpath(). But it has support for setting the mode_t of the created directories, while QDir::mkpath() does not. > Is any of these frowned upon, and is any of them the most recommended? Depends on what you want to do exactly. > Aren't they just duplicating functionality available elsewhere? I don't think so. -- David Faure, faure@kde.org, sponsored by Qt Software @ Nokia to work on KDE, Konqueror (http://www.konqueror.org), and KOffice (http://www.koffice.org).