Hi, I need some input from the xmlgui experts (if there are any :). I've had a discussion with the maintainer of okteta about KDevelop's use of xmlgui's groups. Basically, KDevelop defines its File and other menus by creating various groups in it (like save_merge, new_merge etc.) and then using these groups in its plugins to properly order the menus. The problem is that apparently the groups are not used by any other xmlgui-using app/kpart except kate (which probably does so only because we're integrating it all the time). All other apps/kparts are using the append-attribute for which appends to one of the MergeLocal define things from ui_standards.xml in kdeui. Unfortunately it seems that xmlgui is incapable of merging the two (we're using append on the DefineGroup but thats not supported as far as I can see), which means all kpart actions of kparts that KDevelop embeds end up at the end of the menu. However the xsd file explicitly says that should not be used by kparts, but instead group should be used for merging kparts. Now I'm a bit confused as to wether the .xsd is just the theory and in practice everythings the other way around, or wether there's a bug in xmlgui somewhere or wether I should start and change all xmlgui files in apps/kparts to use groups? Andreas PS: Discussion on kdevelop-devel is here: http://lists.kde.org/?t=124938957600001&r=1&w=2 -- Communicate! It can't make things any worse.