List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: moving keyboard model configuration UI
From:       Dotan Cohen <dotancohen () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-07-08 16:51:53

> I am thinking about moving keyboard model configuration from Regional
> & Language/Keyboard Layout to Keyboard & Mouse/Keyboard. Even though
> configuring model and layout is currently done with one setxkbmap
> call, for the user it seems to make more sense to have keyboard model
> in "hardware" config rather that in the layout. More than that many
> people probably want to configure keyboard model even if they don't
> use multiple layouts (which is currently not possible with system
> settings).
>
> Just wanted to know if there's any objections/suggestions/ideas?

I would suggest copying some of the functionality to there instead of
simply moving it. One place is no more appropriate than the other, but
both seem logical.

Alternatively, how about a link to the current configuration place in
Keyboard & Mouse/Keyboard? Windows mobile adds links from likely
related places in it's configuration screens, and it is a great help.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il