A Dimecres 08 Juliol 2009 03:28:16, Pino Toscano va escriure: > Hi, > > > (If kcfg is not relevant to k-c-d, please drop them with my apologies.) > > (the opposite, actually) > > > kcalc fails to build due to the additions of _helper methods, since the > > code relies on variable declarations from previous settings. > > Unfortunately, things are not as simple as just adding copies of the > > declarations to each setting, since the code also appears in the ctor. > > Yes, I know about it. > > > Is there a way to fix this without making many copies of the same > > variable with different names? > > No(t yet). > Given that adding accessors for the default value, as done originally in a > recent patch by Albert, can have two down-sides > a) not being 100% sure snippets are totally independent one from > each other > b) avoid people getting "grown" generated cpp/h files for a feature they > don't use > I propose, with Albert's approval, the following: explicitely adding in the > .kcfgc file the option DefaultValueGetters=true for eanbling it (default: > false). This way, nothing should change in the generated cpp/h files wrt > KDE 4.3, and only users of that would enable it. > What do you (all) think about it? It's ok for me, actually it's something Parker already mentioned on the reviewboard stage. > > > (Also, who do I yell at for changing the code generation w/o checking > > that it didn't break existing users? ;-) ) > > Given that the feature was committed by Albert, who left for akademy the > day after, I fixed it on my own making it working (modulo snippets > for default values depending on other ones); so I guess I could (but I > won't) take your yell. > Although, given that akademy people had a crappy (at most) internet working > (so had difficulties in reaching him), and that after all trunk is open > since few days (and the breakage is there since not even half a week), what > about being a bit more patient, instead to "have to yell" at first? > Actually i think your use of abuses the system, but given the new option Pino plans to introduce it'd be "fixed". Albert