List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Repositioning the KDE brand
From:       nf2 <nf2.email () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-07-02 22:36:41

2009/7/2 Alexander Neundorf <neundorf@kde.org>:

> Really ?
> I mean, I can kind of understand if they say they would prefer C over C++, but
> Vala ?!?!?!?

Vala seems to be a quite interesting concept: C# without the overhead
of an additional runtime, runtime libraries and bindings (which make
Java or Mono so inappropriate for coding lean desktop stuff). You can
use the software components which already exist as C libraries
directly. Reminds me a bit of VB <= 6.0, which has been a very
successful (but from OO-design horrible) technology.

Norbert