List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    KColorDialog slot naming
From:       John Tapsell <johnflux () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-07-03 2:59:13

Hi all,

  The API for KColorDialog is somewhat unfortunate.  Currently we have a signal:

     void colorSelected( const QColor &col );

  Which is emitted immediately when a color is selected.
  Qt instead has:

     void colorSelected( const QColor &col );
     void currentColorSelected( const QColor &col );

  Where "currentColorSelected" behaves like our "colorSelected" and
"colorSelected" is emitted only once - when the user presses Ok.

  I would like to have a signal like Qt's "colorSelected", but any
idea how we can solve this tangle?

JohnFlux