List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: RFC v2: adding a temporary, non-BC gauranteed, 'private' library
From:       "Aaron J. Seigo" <aseigo () kde ! org>
Date:       2009-04-29 3:49:01

On Tuesday 28 April 2009, Sune Vuorela wrote:
> I've wondered, why is it you want to port every single application to
> use it *now* instead of testing that everything is as you want it to be,
> including the abi and api, with a targetted set of applications, maybe
> limited to a module or two ?

i don't think we'll end up porting every single application, and certainly
nothing outside of the main modules that make up the KDE software distribution
releases, but we'd like to port a good number of them otherwise it's pretty
well impossible to get good testing of it, don't you think?

beyond that, we also feel, with good justification, that the new system also
provide a better user experience, so spreading it around isn't a bad thing.

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se