On 2009-04-27, Marco Martin wrote: > On Thursday 23 April 2009, Aaron J. Seigo wrote: >> the new new plan is this: >> >> svn location: extragear/libs/knotificationitem >> headers: $INCLUDE_PATH/knotificationaitem-1/ >> lib name: $LIB_PATH/libknotificationitem-1.so >> namespace: Experimental:: >> >> release of tarball done prior to kde 4.3. >> >> will most likely be removed post-4.3 and rolled into kdelibs. if not, >> changes will results in a s,-1,-2,g to the above and another release. >> >> objections? >> > > sooo, > to recap after this discussion we gone with extragear as the least painful > option, the thing is at http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/extragear/libs/ I've wondered, why is it you want to port every single application to use it *now* instead of testing that everything is as you want it to be, including the abi and api, with a targetted set of applications, maybe limited to a module or two ? That way, breakage will be smaller and less things to handle for people for kde4.4. And have you thought of versioninng the symbols in it ? /Sune