List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: RFC v2: adding a temporary, non-BC gauranteed, 'private' library
From:       Alex Merry <kde () randomguy3 ! me ! uk>
Date:       2009-04-24 22:19:53

On Friday 24 April 2009 20:53:00 Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote:
> Vrendredi, le 24 avril 2009, à 21:16, Kevin Krammer a écrit:
> > Well, if you define the stability guarantee for your libs that way, then
> > you should probably stick to it.
> > I just thought you might not follow the stricter rules for platform
> > libraries. Usually application level APIs are far less stable.
>
> As written in another email, I had missed the lift of this stricter rules
> for non-platform libs a few month ago, so my assumptions regarding the
> oktetalibs were not up-to-date. :)

I understood that it was always the case that the BC guarantee only applied to
kdelibs and kdepimlibs.  kdebase-workspace has certainly never bothered about
binary compatibility of its libraries (except in so far as bumping the
SOVERSION when it is broken).

Alex

--
Why have I got six monitors?  Because I haven't got room for eight.
  -- Terry Pratchett