On Friday 24 April 2009, Aaron J. Seigo wrote: > On Friday 24 April 2009, Thiago Macieira wrote: > > It's not that far-fetched to think of them: most laptop touchpads support > > horizontal scrolling, which are usually keyed to buttons 6 and 7 on X11. > > An application like a media player could use the primary wheel to control > > playback volume, whereas the horizontal scrolling could be used for > > seeking in the current track. > > that's something we could add to the wheel method; in fact, now that i look > at it, i think we should probably rename Wheel to either Seek or Scroll > with both a delta and a direction (is). that sounds good to me, wonder what is the more neutral form for the direction, like a sting or simply a bool... > > > My point is: should the SecondaryActivation call provide extra > > identification information? > > probably; we can pass a string with some defined "well known" values; > instead of passing button numbers, though, i'd prefer to pass semantics, > which would also grow nicely to take into consideration multi-touch > gestures if we should ever get to that point in life ... :)